Things You Should Know on How to Prepare for Safety Training in Your Workplace

Every organization is obligated to train and equip their employees to eliminate accidents and physical injuries in the workplace. Safety training also introduces different benefits from both employer and worker; it develops a positive health and safety culture, helps the business proactively respond to identified risks, and also establishes a reputation in the industry.

At least 90% of all workplace accidents, injuries, illness, and fatalities are preventable, and the remaining 10% accounts for the human factor. By effectively planning your safety training and programs, you will be able to maintain a safe work environment and reduce risks and hazardous situations in your facility.

Planning for an effective safety program is one of the things that can be difficult to handle. In this article, we will discuss different tips on how to manage safety training in your workplace.

Things You Should Know on How to Prepare for Safety Training in Your Workplace

  • Provide Program Awareness Training – Most companies should follow this particular step to handle successful programs and training for their employees. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recommends four action items for employers and managers to provide proper education and guidance about the safety training that is about to be conducted in their workplace. Giving program awareness can help managers identify worker’s concern ahead of the training dates and also supervise their worker’s performance more accurately.
  • Designate Clear Safety Training Roles – It is essential that people who will be providing the training have specific roles so that your workers can easily approach them during training periods. Roles can be based on the purpose of a person in the program, or could also be based on the specific areas of the facility they are assigned to provide safety measures.
  • Conduct Risk Assessment and Site Preparation – It is essential to conduct a risk assessment of the site before commencing any training. By doing so, you will be able to identify the risk areas in your facility that must be highlighted the most in your safety training program.
  • Include Safe Handling of Safety Equipment in the Field in the Training – Being responsible and professional when using protective equipment should also be instilled with workers during training to allow them to be exposed to potential risks that may arise when they negligently use or maintain the different safety equipment in the facility.

Creating a safe and conducive work environment can be challenging. But, with proper education and extended hours of safety training programs, your employees will be able to incorporate the safety practices in their day-to-day job.

Contact us today to learn more about the different tips on creating a successful safety training program.

2 thoughts on “Things You Should Know on How to Prepare for Safety Training in Your Workplace

  1. Pingback: Are You Wearing The Right Eye Protection Inside Your Work Site? | Progressive Safety Equipment

  2. Pingback: Safety Productivity: 5 Benefits of Designing a Site Safety and Health Plan | Progressive Safety Equipment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *